Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The return of the "porcupine"

I was all ready to tell you how our porcupine friend returned last night around 7:30, in daylight-ish hours, and how he doesn't seem too bothered by me or the kittens. I was googling to see how far they can shoot their quills, to add a little factoid to this post (and it turns out that they can't actually shoot their quills) when I started to notice that our little guy didn't much look like the porcupines in the photos.


That's because he's really a hedgehog. (Sadly, my photo here isn't great...he wasn't in the mood to pose, I guess.) So I guess the kittens nor I really have anything to worry about - if he gets scared, he'll just curl up into a little ball. As I googled, I learned that A. there are no wild hedgehogs in the Americas and B. they are sweet enough to keep as pets. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.