Friday, April 6, 2012

The last month...

Yes, it's been that long....where has the time gone? This winter was pretty harsh, I must say. It snowed a bunch of times, well into March, and when it wasn't snowing, it was rainy and cold. Paired with my excessive work hours, it kinda beat me down. But we had a couple of respites -- there was a time in February when it warmed up a little and I thought winter was over -- and about three weeks ago, spring arrived. So after hiberating most of the winter, we've started to get out and about again...





















I took the picture on the left in February, when the weather was only teasing. We had gone to a screenwriting panel hosted by the Sundance Institute, as part of the !F film festival, at SALT Beyoglu on Istiklal Street, and afterwards, since the weather was halfway warm, we walked around Taksim and Cukurcuma, and stumbled upon this stuffed animal on the street...  I took the other photo about three weeks ago, on my way to work -- this was the moment I knew spring was finally, blessedly here.

















These last two photos I also took about three weeks ago, both obviously at sunset. To to the left is Taksim Square, to the right is just before Taksim, looking at the other side of the Golden Horn. It felt like the first time I had dug out my camera in a long time -- sure, I have taken pictures over the winter, but it was the first time in quite awhile that I just felt inspired to snap away at anything and everything, just because. It's amazing what spring can do to the mood, isn't it?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.