Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Adventures in Cooking: Grilled Thai peanut pizza

It's been awhile since I've posted any of my cooking adventures, though I have been periodically trying out new recipes. One of my more recent experiments was a grilled Thai peanut pizza recipe that I found on atasteofthai.com. I'd brought back some of their peanut sauce mix from my last trip home, but I wasn't sure what to do with it -- and when I saw this recipe, I thought to myself, "I love this peanut sauce and I love pizza. What could go wrong?"

Unfortunately, plenty. The recipe calls for a couple of ingredients that I didn't have, like a red onion (yellow only) and basil leaves. I also don't have the infrastructure to grill anything, so I cooked it in our desktop oven. I suppose I could blame the very odd taste of this pizza on my tweaks, but I now realize that pizza and peanut sauce do not, in fact, go together.

Oh well. From now, I will just stick to using the peanut sauce in my much-tastier throw-what-you've-got-into-the-pan stirfry.


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.