Wednesday, December 26, 2012

25 Days of Ornaments: Alphabet-letter Christmas trees

When I was planning out my button Christmas tree last week, an idea hit me -- I would do the same thing but with those alphabet-letter beads, which I conveniently happen to have in my craft stash. I did one alphabet-letter Christmas tree ornament on Aida cloth and one on felt -- although I think the one on Aida cloth turned out better (which has more to do with back-pain-induced careless cutting than anything else), the felt was a lot easier to work with.

The arrangement of the letters/dividers seemed really obvious to me, but Cagatay was a little confused by the use of the hearts. More specifically -- "What are the hearts supposed to mean?" They're just word dividers -- I liked the look of the hearts (all warm and fuzzy for Christmas), but more importantly, I didn't have that many unmarked beads. He accepted this answer, but I still think he's a little dubious. :)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.