Friday, December 21, 2012

25 Days of Ornaments: Crochet star and holiday song list

Sorry I didn't get around to posting an ornament yesterday -- since it was supposed to be the last night of the world and all, we spent it appropriately -- drinking our liquor cabinet dry, getting tattoos, hanging from the ceiling, and generally partying like it was 1999. Wasn't that what everyone did? :)

I made this crochet star a couple of days ago -- I used an off-white yarn and silver DMC thread paired together, and I added a couple of white beads to the center. While the pattern itself is lovely, no disrespect, I didn't like the finished star as a Christmas ornament.  I thought it (and all of its compatriots that I might have crocheted) were just too flimsy for the tree -- not my style. Having said that, maybe these little stars might have worked better.

So, because I was a little disappointed in my ornament, I decided to turn this post into one about holiday songs. :) When I'm making ornaments, I like to listen to music or watch DVDs (Grey's Anatomy, Glee or Christmas movies at the moment) -- I find I need the companionship. So here's my list of Christmas songs currently at the top of my iTunes:


I'm always on the hunt for new Christmas music. Anything else you'd like to add?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.