Monday, December 3, 2012

25 Days of Ornaments: Crochet wreath ornament


While I was home, I tackled this crochet wreath ornament that I found online, on the blog craftsbystarlight.com. I used a 3.5mm crochet hook (instead of the recommended 1.8mm) and on round two, I only did two single crochets in each stitch, instead of the instructed four -- mostly because, once I did the math, I dreaded the thought of having to do 240 of them, followed by another 240 double crochets in the next row. It just seemed like too much effort! And in the end, I'm not sure it mattered -- my wreath folded over itself well enough. I used the fabric stiffener as instructed, but I didn't like it (it made my yarn fuzzy), and I'm not sure it was necessary -- the red bow would have been a little floppy, but the actual wreath was stiff enough from the stitches. Anyway, just my thoughts on the pattern -- happy crocheting!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is governed by the general rules of respectful civil discourse. Domestically Yours reserves the right to remove comments deemed to be offensive or unsuited to the subject matter of this site. Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and will not be approved by the moderator.